As promised, I am going to share our Summer Family Bucket List with all of you. Now, this is only my rough draft of our list. When I say rough draft, I simply mean that as of now it’s just a very unorganized list of things to do (for you all to scroll down and see) with a few attached links. It’s nothing fancy at this point and the disorganization of it makes my head spin if I’m honest with myself, haha! On a side note, disorganization seems to be the story of my life lately (#momproblems #orjustme #help!).
With that said, my goal is to organize this jumbled list into categories to make it a lot easier to look at and for my own sanity in finding things on this long list! If you are looking to make an organized bucket list, here is what I’m guessing some of the categories names I will include on our final bucket list are in case you are looking for ideas for your own: Water Fun (possibly breaking this down to splash pads, pools and beaches), Hikes-Bikes-Picnics, Zoo’s, Local Fun, At-Home, Camping, Weekend Get-A-Ways, Day Trips, Special Events, Nature Centers/Botanical Gardens, etc.
Being that I’ve never made a bucket list for our family for the Summer, please hang with me as this is very new to me. However, I wanted to try making this bucket list for our family because so often we find ourselves going back and forth about what we should do when we have free time. I don’t know if you find yourselves doing the same thing ever, but it’s really frustrating and annoying to me at how indecisive we can be. Ultimately this leads to us wasting time. This also typically will result in us sitting home doing nothing or just doing busy work while the kids play.
I will not let this happen to us this summer! It is my goal to have a quality summer, with less time wasted and more time spent together creating memories, because as we all know time is just going too quickly (and summers tend to go by in the blink of an eye). Having a bucket list will give us a go-to list of things to do when we are in that bind when we can’t think of anything to do off the top of our heads, no excuses. The best thing about a bucket list is that we don’t have to do these things, we WANT to do these things which will help us to be less indecisive as well. I also love that we don’t have to do these things in any particular order (although some of the special events and such do have specific dates), there are a variety of activities to suit our changing moods and weather AND we can continually add to our list all summer long. With that said, here is our list of our first 50 ideas:
- Camping trip with my sister & her family. Location TBD.
- Camping just us. Location TBD.
- Wanick Choute Park/Sherwood, WI Splash Pad
- High Cliff State Park-Hike or bike ride and picnic lunch: http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/name/highcliff/
- Erb Park & Pool: http://www.appletonparkandrec.org/pool-programs–information/pool-information/erb-pool
- Trip to Hayward, WI: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g59952-Hayward_Wisconsin-Vacations.html
- Weekend in Winter WI at my parents Cabin
- Go to our local Farmer’s Market: https://www.facebook.com/downtownappletonfarmmarket/?hc_ref=SEARCH
- Outdoor Movies Wednesday evenings
- N.E.W Zoo: http://newzoo.org/
- Bookworm Garden: http://www.bookwormgardens.org/
- Backyard Campfire and make s’mores
- Sunset Beach Day: http://www.vokimberly.org/departments/parks-recreation/sunset-beach-swimming-facility/
- Family Bike Rides
- Day trip to Door County
- 1000 Island Nature Preserve: http://www.1000islandsenvironmentalcenter.org/
- Timber Rattlers Game
- Brewers Game
- Packer Family Fun Weekend
- Derks Park
- Pay it forward project
- Visit Family In Iowa
- Dicks Drive In
- Visit a new library
- Summer Reading Programs
- Dave’s Falls: http://gowaterfalling.com/waterfalls/daves.shtml
- Maribel Caves: http://www.co.manitowoc.wi.us/departments/i-p/parks/county-parks/cherney-maribel-caves/
- Play a game of catch in our back yard/kick the soccer ball
- Blow bubbles/draw with chalk
- Splash bash in our back yard (simple water fun, balloon fight)
- Shred Aquarium: http://www.sheddaquarium.org/
- Mall of America: http://www.mallofamerica.com/
- Slumber Party in our basement (Movies, popcorn & sleeping bags)
- Create a nature scavenger hunt and do it together at a park.
- Skyzone: https://www.skyzone.com/appleton
- Mini Golf
- Roadster rides (my husband has an old buick roadster)
- Have the neighbors over to grill out and let the kids play
- Polluck Pool: http://www.ci.oshkosh.wi.us/Parks/Pollock_Community_Water_Park/
- The Twist for Ice Cream treats
- Play Tennis
- Go to a performer series at the Library
- Explore a new town together
- Paint with water
- Put up a tent together and read stories in it, play in it, and sleep in it in our backyard
- Play flashlight tag at night.
- Visit family in Amery
- Refurbish our bedroom set as a family
- Pick our vegetable garden and make dinner or a recipe with some of what we harvest
*I will share with you my organized version once I have it finished*
Wishing everyone a fun, safe, happy and quality summer with your family! Enjoy this awesome season to it’s absolute fullest. Here in WI the summers are just too short!