It’s been a week. There has been plenty happening, especially in our world, that easily could have or did drag us down. These happenings helped shape our attitudes, the way we think and/or our actions. It was one little girl and one very big attitude that was negative and misbehaving in our household this morning that molded the atmosphere in our entire household. Instantaneously, I could see where it displayed the domino effect and touched every aspect of our morning and reached each individual in our household differently. This mama was taking deep breaths in the kitchen and at one point had to give myself a mommy timeout while my husband was angry, the little one with the attitude was whining, crying and being defiant, and the baby was then crying and clinging to the back of my leg. Not a great way to start the day. It is crazy how your mood can go from Fabulous simply because it is Friday to a shitstorm in a matter of minutes. It is then crazy how this switch in mood can affect your entire day, but I’m here to tell you it doesn’t have to!
I talked earlier in the week about choosing joy. Instead of letting this bad morning relect upon my entire day when I had a moment to myself, I got my coffee going and sat down to blog (my happy place) and took a few more deep breaths. I know that it was a bad moment but it was just that…a moment & I have the rest of my day to make fabulous. I know there is good in every day, even the bad ones. I once again will choose joy.
If you have had one of those weeks or even today didn’t start off on the right foot you don’t have to continue to have a hellish day. Here are 10 ways for you my friend, to have a fabulous Friday:
- Get moving. Take a brisk walk outside and take in all the beauty that Fall surrounds us with. Find time in your day for that work out you’ve been putting off. Invite a friend to go to the gym.
- Watch an episode of Ellen. I don’t know about you, but there is just something about that women that dispells joy. When you watch her shows, happiness just follows and lingers in your heart. You want to be a kind, compassion and generous person because she is all of those things and more. Not to mention, when she dances, it makes you want to shake your tail feather too and there is just something about dancing when nobody is watching that puts you in a fantabulous mood!
- Do one random act of kindness. Go get yourself some coffee because we all know a warm cup of Joe will make you happy and then pay for the person’s order behind you.
- Listen to a comedy centered podcast. Laughing is often the best medicine when things are grim. No matter how awful things feel sometimes all you need moments of laughter in your day to recharge your soul.
- Feed all 5 of your senses on a date night with your significant other. Taste: Go to your favorite resturaunt together and eat your favorite dish, drink your favorite drink and make sure you order dessert. Sight: Right now, Fall colors are happening. One of my favorite things to do is to go look at all the changing colors and wild flowers. It’s breathtakingly beautiful! Touch: Get intimate. Hold hands, give one another a massage. Kiss one another. Cuddle. Hug. Make Love. Smell: Bake together, light a candle, have a campfire (this one gets my husband, there is just something about the smell of a campfire). Sound: play your favorite music while in the car together. Go to a musical. Go to a coffee shop where a local band is playing.
- Wear clothing that makes you feel good or that makes you feel comfortable. When I am wearing something I don’t feel good in it also sets the tone for the day. When I am wearing clothing that makes me feel good and comfortable I am in such a better mood and feel like I am ready to tackle anything that comes my way.
- Turn off the noise. Put away cell phones, turn off Tv’s, put work away. Simply be in silence.
- Play a board game. Techologogy has taken over. What happened to the simple kind of fun I had when I was a kid. This includes family time and board games. Seriously, whip one out tonight and play together as a family. Spending quality time-realy quality time is so important to fueling joy.
- Declutter & Organize your space. I don’t know about you, but I fuction and feel so much better in a space that is clutter free and organized. The change of seasons is an awesome time to do this. Make three seperate bins and label them “sell”, “donate” and “garbage”. You’d be surprised with the amount of stuff you can purge off. You may find that you can make some money off the items you no longer need but have a hard time just giving away and you may find that there is a lot you’d be happy to donate. With a kindergartener in toe, we have obnoxious amounts of papers and art projects that we do not need to keep….garbage!!!
- Call or meet up with someone you’ve lost touch with. We certainly all have great intentions to stay in touch with people we care deeply about. However, life seems to get in the way of making time to connect. I’m talking about really connecting with someone. Oftentimes a phone call with an old friend or even a family member or meeting up with them in person can really make your day and theirs.
Have a fabulous Friday everyone and please choose joy!